Department: Case Management
Employment Type: Per Diem
Job Type: Union
Union Name: TCH MNA-TCH Mass Nurses Assoc
Work Shift: Days
Work Days: 8-4:30 per diem
Date Posted: 07/27/2017
Requisition Number: hrq-76568
The Case Manager role is structured around 3 major functions: care coordination, utilization management and discharge planning. Each of these functions support the Case Management department goals: improved patient satisfaction and patient outcomes, decreased length of stay and decrease unit cost. The Case Manager provides case management resources to the inpatient Case Management program on both Medical-Surgical and Psychiatric Units.
- Certification in Case Management preferred.
- RN with 3 to 5 years previous acute care clinical experience required.
- Previous experience as an Acute Case Manager preferred.
- 3 years experience in Case Management/Utilization review, discharge planning, or home health care management preferred.
- Computer proficiency, excellent oral and written communication skills, and demonstrated negotiation skills are needed.