Director Coding & Clinical Doc. Improvement
Location: Multiple Locations
Department: Health Information
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Type: Non-Union
Work Shift: Days
Work Days: 8am to 4:30pm
Date Posted: 08/11/2017
Requisition Number: hrq-77314
· Provides supervision, leadership, and support to employees within the HIM Coding/ Clinical Documentation Department at Somerville, Cambridge and Everett hospitals.
· The Director of Coding and Clinical Documentation Improvement will continuously strive to evaluate, streamline and manage all aspects of the coding and reimbursement processes and protocols for the Cambridge Health Alliance.
· Serves as an expert coding resource to all satellite outpatient clinic sites and ambulatory care settings affiliated with the alliance.
· Works in conjunction with the Corporate Compliance Officer, Finance Department, Quality Dept., Case Management/Utilization Review to foster timeliness and accuracy of billing and reimbursement processes.
· Strictly adheres to all coding/billing guidelines and protocols, contractual agreements and federal regulations.
o BS or BA degree in Health Information Management or related field preferred.
o Strong working knowledge of ICD-10 and PCS coding principles and their application in both the acute Hospital and ambulatory care settings.
o Current AHIMA registration as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or CCS (Certified Coding Specialist) required.
o RHIA or RHIT with CCS credential preferred.
· Work Experience:
o A minimum of 3-5 years' experience working as a HIM Coding Manager within an acute care setting required.
o Experience leading and coaching a team of highly technical HIM employees at multiple facility locations (both acute and ambulatory care services) is preferred.
o Working knowledge of 3M encoder software is essential.
o Familiarity EPIC functions preferred.