Laborer / Porter
Department: Environmental Services
Employment Type: Part Time
Job Type: Union
Union Name: CHLABOR -Laborers Local 380
Work Shift: Days/Evenings
Work Days: 7-3:30 E/o weekend included
Date Posted: 08/11/2017
Requisition Number: hrq-76007
Perform cleaning duties in assigned area with rotating cleaning frequencies. Previous environmental services experience required
Job duties are but not limited to:
1. Clean patient rooms.
2. Set up rooms, which includes moving furniture, opening and closing Room partitions.
3. Perform hard floor care functions as directed, utilizing approved Floor care standard procedures.
4. Uses proper techniques for terminal cleaning in the Operating Rooms.
5. Perform carpet and upholstery care for functions as directed, utilizing approved Carpet and upholstery care standard procedures.
6. Clean linen distribution and soiled linen collection.
7. Use communication methods appropriate for the patient developmental stage.
8. Outside grounds cleanup activities, which include, picking up trash, operating pressure washer, emptying outside garbage containers, watering plants, hosing down sidewalks, being able to operate mechanical/motorized sweeper.
9. Perform other related duties as assigned or directed.
Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Work Experience: Previous Environmental Services experience required. 6 months experience required; 1 year preferred. The ability to read and follow English instructions.
All newly hired candidates must successfully complete a job specific physical agility test.