Employment Type: Part Time
Job Type: Non-Union
Work Shift: Days
Work Days: M-F, 9:00-5:30, start/end times can vary
Date Posted: 06/08/2017
Requisition Number: hrq-76123
We are currently seeking an Operations Manager to provide primary management of lab functions related to administrative tasks, including: accounting/budgeting, grants and contract administration, personnel/hiring/HR duties, and overseeing reimbursements/travel and purchasing duties for the Lab investigators.
Specific responsibilities include: Accounting / Budgeting • organizing and reconciling lab budget and its funding from research grants • managing allocations for Lab research staff including employees and consultants • may involve preparing spreadsheets for budgets, grants, or contracts; tracking and maintaining expenditures and reconciling accounts; preparing financial reports; approving financial transactions for the Lab Grants Management and Preparation • preparing project budgets and other supporting materials for grant applications • managing communication with and requesting materials from project team members and sub-contracting institutions • ensuring deadlines are met and grant materials are sent out and requested in a timely manner • entering data into application packets for submission Lab Management Duties • managing lab personnel/HR needs, including onboarding for new employees, interns, volunteers, and consultants; may assist with coordinating applications or interviews for those roles • preparing and submitting reimbursement requests • assisting with arranging and coordinating meetings and events • keeping up to date the ongoing list of and deadlines for grant applications, papers, and conference presentations • monitoring office supplies and overseeing purchase orders for office supplies and related materials • developing and carrying out an efficient documentation and filing system across all tasks • reviewing operating practices and implement improvements where necessary
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred (or equivalent of education plus experience in an office environment).
Skills and Experience [REQUIRED]:
- Prior experience providing administrative and grants assistance in an academic research setting, with 1 or more years of accounting/budget experience and 2 or more years of office administration experience.
- Grants management experience required.
- Previous experience managing budgets for research grants and contracts, including for NIH grants.
- Proven interpersonal skills, with experience providing complex administrative support in a high-profile environment with tact and diplomacy.
- Experience managing projects to a budget and meeting multiple deadlines required.
- Ability to work across teams and with a variety of projects and constituencies.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint, or aptitude/willingness to learn.
- Incredibly organized, with an outstanding ability to prioritize and multitask while remaining detail-oriented.
- Positive attitude; people person; self-starter in a fast-paced environment with excellent problem-solving skills, as well as judgment and decision-making ability.
- Fluency in English; excellent writing and proofreading skills.
Skills and Experience [PREFERRED]:
- 3+ years related experience with proven office administration and accounting/ budget/grants management preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn new IT solutions and administrative procedures.
- Strong ownership mentality; seeking to fully own all relevant projects.
- Highly resourceful with a get-it-done attitude.