Registered Nurse - Labor and Delivery
Department: Labor and Delivery
Employment Type: Per Diem
Job Type: Union
Union Name: TCH MNA-TCH Mass Nurses Assoc
Work Shift: Days/Nights
Work Days: 7A-7:30P; 7p-7:30a
Date Posted: 06/14/2017
Requisition Number: hrq-73478
- The Maternity Suite at Cambridge Hospital is a beautiful unit with lovely views of downtown Boston and Harvard Square. It includes a Labor and Delivery (L&D) Unit and a Post Partum Unit and helps more than 1,000 growing families every year. The 7 bed labor unit has 4 triage bays and 2 ORs. We are proud of our multidisciplinary patient care, our culturally sensitive approach to labor and delivery, and some of the lowest C-section rates in Massachusetts. The Post Partum Unit consists of 14 private rooms with a level 1b nursery. This unit provides care for mothers and infants right after birth and through the early stages of postpartum to discharge. We foster a culturally sensitive approach to couplet care and early family bonding.
Unit Specific Responsibilities in the areas of : McGovern Maternity Unit Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery
- Provides an ongoing assessment and care of the mother through the antenatal, intrapartum, and postpartum periods according to established guidelines.
- Provides ongoing assessment and care of the mother and newborn according to established guidelines.
- Provides education from antenatal to immediate postpartum period.
- Orchestrates and initiates discharge planning and follow up care for mother and newborn.
- Participates in ongoing labor and delivery unit based quality initiatives.
Evidence Based Practice
- Maintains clinical practice in accordance with AWHONN, ACOG, NRP, and AAP established guidelines.
- Successfully completes the labor and delivery unit based competency programs as required.
Current MA RN Licensure.
Graduation from an NLN accredited school of nursing.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
Minimum of 2 years of Labor and Delivery experience required
ACLS, NRP, STABLE, AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring - preferred