WH Electrician (Skilled)
Department: Repairs & Maintenance
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Type: Union
Union Name: SEIU -Service Emp. Int. 1199
Work Shift: Days
Work Days: 7am-3pm
Date Posted: 06/13/2017
Requisition Number: hrq-76415
Under the general supervision of the Director and or the Assistant of Facilities Management, performs all routine and necessary maintenance, repair, construction, installation, renovation on physical plant electrical power, control wiring, panels, operational alarms, fire alarms systems, components, equipment and systems.
Education/Training: Equivalent to four years high school vocational education. Completion of electrical apprenticeship program must have a through knowledge of electrical building codes.
Licensure: Journeymen license
Work Experience: Minimum of five years with a Journeymen license
1. Extended periods of working, standing, bending and walking.
2. Eye-hand coordination.
3. May work irregular hours between meals or breaks.
4. Able to manipulate small – large, light – heavy furniture, objects, tools.
5. Able to enter data in logs, work orders, records, etc. with legible numbers and letters.
6. Visual acuity to accurately read small print and/or numbers from work orders, instruction
7. Can maneuver up and down moderate to high ladders; on tops of equipment; small tight
8. Able to reach, arms length, in front of center line of body, full length overhead.
9. Able to lift, carry heavy objects, tools of no more than forty (40 pounds weight.
10. Able to bend, twist, rotate around body axis to service, repair, equipment.
11. Auditory acuity to hear phones, equipment alarms, voices and converse in a very noise
1. Can work independently, self starter, accepts responsibility readily.
2. Cognitive ability to read, write, understand, analyze work order requests, policies,
3. Can evaluate, process information rapidly, make appropriate judgments, decisions.
4. Multi-task oriented – good organizational abilities.
5. Able to work in demanding, stressful environment with concentration to complete tasks
in spite of interruptions, distractions, customer comments, etc.
6. Able to work with little or no direct supervision.
Working Conditions and Physical Environment:
1. Fluorescent lighting, some natural light in some areas.
2. Concrete floors, some vinyl flooring in some areas.
3. Physical hazards due to:
a. Hazardous chemicals
b. Infectious materials
c. Electrical shock
d. High temperature steam, liquids
f. Potential for fire
g. Equipment hazards
h. Wet, slippery floors
4. Noisy, dust, dirt.
5. Some air conditioned – warm, hot work areas
6. Small, uneven surfaces, narrow work spaces in/around equipment, work areas
7. Protective equipment, work uniforms used in Hospital including:
b. Face Shield
c. Back Support
d. Safety work shoes
e. Hearing protection
f. Work uniforms
g. Heavy rubber insulted gloves
8. Varied workstation heights
9. Routine, sometimes boring, redundant, repetitive tasks, activities.