Youth Specialist - HIV
Location: Multiple Locations
Department: SAM HSA Healthy ME Grant
Employment Type: Part Time
Work Days: 32 per week
Date Posted: 06/09/2017
Requisition Number: 100875
Under the direction of the Manager of the Prevention Integrated Counseling Screening and Referral Program (PICSR), and within established guidelines and departmental policies and procedures, provides targeted outreach, and Deliver culturally competent counseling, community education and case management to youth on HIV and substance use risk reduction and treatment. Services to be provided from a harm reduction/risk assessment approach in a non-judgmental manner
Job - Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Deliver selected direct prevention interventions (groups) for youth, using culturally appropriate prevention curricula identified through the needs assessment.
· Assist in developing and conducting community needs assessment.
· Deliver culturally competent counseling and case management to youth on HIV and substance use risk reduction and treatment.
· Provide intensive case management for participants and their families in need of HIV and/or STD testing, counseling, substance use treatment, and any other health or human services.
· Assist in developing social media messages and campaigns to reach youth and parents with prevention messages.
· Participate in Workgroup meetings.
· Knowledgeable about clinical issues of youth development, family disruptions and youth substance use, and HIV issues
· Ability to work effectively with diverse cultural groups
· Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
· Self-starter, able to take initiative
· Experience working with diverse ethnic and cultural communities
Education/Training: Minimum of a bachelor degree in clinical social work, psychology, counseling, or related field, preferred
Work Experience: At least one year of prior experience in youth services required, additional experience with addictions preferred
Language: Bilingual: English and Portuguese or Creole or Spanish
Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to work effectively with many constituencies. Ability to work independently. Ability to communicate clearly in written and oral communication. Ability to process sensitive information in a timely manner and maintain strict confidentiality. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and be detail oriented. Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments. Ability to concentrate and complete tasks with ongoing interruptions and distractions.
Working Conditions and Physical Environment: Requires travel between campuses. Requires occasional evenings. Requires shared office space.