- Search All Categories
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clerical and Administrative Support Jobs
- Clinical Support Jobs
- Human and Social Services Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Licensed Practical Nurse Jobs
- Medical Assistant Jobs
- Medical Technologist Jobs
- Nurse Manager Jobs
- Nurse Practitioner Jobs
- Nurse Support Jobs
- Nursing and Nursing Leadership Jobs
- Occupational Therapy Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physical Therapy Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Physician Assistant Jobs
- Professional and Management Jobs
- Public Safety Jobs
- Radiology Jobs
- Registered Nurse Jobs
- Research Jobs
- Service and Trade Jobs
- Social Work Jobs
CHA requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
Administrative Coordinator II
Date Posted: 05/31/2023
Requisition Number: 5120
Location: CHA Assembly Square Care Center
Work Days: M-F 8:30-5:00
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Department: Occupational Health
Job Type: Full time
Work Shift: Day
Union Name: SH Laborers 381
CHA Occupational Health helps hundreds of local businesses keep their employees safe, healthy and productive. We prevent and treat workplace injuries, help meet regulatory requirements and foster a workplace where employees can thrive.
• Performs a wide range of administrative and support functions for the department.
• Acts as the link between the health provider, the patient, and other Alliance departments, outside service agencies and consulting providers.
• Greets departmental visitors to ensure accurate and timely departmental communication and the presentation of department in a positive manner to patients.
• Schedules new and follow-up appointments and coordinates schedules for departmental personnel, interns and fellows in specialty areas.
• Schedules a variety of tests as required and routes to appropriate source with the goal of promoting appropriate medical care and follow-up.
• Registers daily patient visits and performs administrative duties necessary to ensure appropriate billing and reimbursement for services. Reviews and enters daily billing via order entry.
• Performs general secretarial duties in the preparation of departmental correspondence and records.
• Monitors and orders office supplies.
• Troubleshoots all office equipment failures calls for maintenance.
• Recognizes and troubleshoots patient-related problems and passes on to appropriate personnel
• Maintains medical record system allowing for each tracking of records on site as well as off site.
• Purges inactive medical records according to protocol.
• Composes, types, files and maintains records of correspondence, memos, reports, grants, agendas and minutes of meetings, letters, and policies as assigned in accurate, neat and timely manner.
• Efficiently schedules meetings as requested.
• Accurately notifies all parties as to the agreed upon date, time and location of meeting.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Education: High school/GED required; Associates Degree preferred
Work Experience: Minimum 3-year Administrative experience in a medical office setting. Coordination of Workers Compensation Claims and Billing experience, Systoc Software experience, and medical billing experience highly preferred.
Skills: Fluency in Microsoft applications such as advanced word processing, spreadsheets, databases, flowcharts and graphics (Microsoft Office and Google apps), writing, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills required.
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career development. Furthermore, we will not tolerate the use of discriminatory slurs, or other remarks, jokes or conduct, that in the judgment of CHA, encourage or permit an offensive or hostile work environment.
Cambridge Health Alliance brings Care to the People - including your neighbors, friends and family. Our local hospitals and care centers serve our vibrant, diverse communities, and play an integral role in improving health. As passionate advocates for the underserved, we actively partner with our communities to take on challenging public health issues, and conduct important research to help reduce barriers to care. We believe that everyone deserves access to high quality, convenient health care. This is why our employees believe in where they work and why many build long, rewarding careers at CHA.
Healthcare is changing rapidly. CHA has a strategic plan that charts a proactive course for our future. It is built on a vision of equity and excellence for everyone, every time. It also recognizes that our workforce is our most valuable asset and prioritizes competitive salaries, benefits and professional development opportunities for employees. The strategic plan is changing the way we provide care and improving the health and experience of our patients; we are looking for smart, committed, compassionate people who want to be part of making our vision of better health and equity a reality.
At CHA, you can believe in where you work and go home every day knowing you made a difference. Join our team and help us bring Care to the People.