Applications Analyst IV
Job Type: Full Time
Job Class: Non-Union
Work Shift: Days
Work Days: 40
Date Posted: 01/31/2020
Requisition Number: hrq-91936
To implement, maintain, support, and maximize the use of clinical, financial, and administrative portions of the software applications utilized by Cambridge Health Alliance in conducting daily operations under the direction of the Application Service Manager and/or Director of Applications. This includes:
- Maintaining current clinical, financial, and administrative applications, implementing new clinical, financial, and administrative applications.
- Acts as liaison between users and the software vendor(s); guides the modification of system applications in instances where current applications impede performance or where changes will enhance performance.
- Assisting in the assessment of workflow processes and assisting in process re-engineering to achieve efficiencies in departmental operations.
- Assisting users in developing reports and analyses, troubleshooting and resolution of application issues.
- Facilitate end users' ability to understand and maximize use of the software to perform daily operations; evaluate user knowledge and work with I.T. Education staff to develop specialized training when necessary; educate users in system optimization.
- Working with the I.T. Education staff to assist in training users and in the development of documentation.
- Maintaining a level of knowledge about I.T. operations and network issues, and maintaining current industry knowledge.
- Manages projects as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in health care related field, Information Systems or Business Management. Seven years experience as an Application Analyst or similar experience in a healthcare related I.T. position. Experience with EPIC clinical, financial, and administrative software. Epic certification required in Grand Central
Key words: EPIC Grand Central