Behavioral Health Communications Center Specialist
Department: Behavioral Health Call Ctr
Job Type: Full Time
Job Class: Union
Union Name: CHLABOR -Laborers Local 380
Work Shift: Days
Work Days: with every other weekend and rotating holidays
Date Posted: 09/13/2019
Requisition Number: hrq-90676
The Behavioral Health Communications Center (BHCC) is an office standing unit of CHA which supports the Emergency Departments of the three CHA hospitals, Psychiatric Emergency Services and the community. Specialists in the BHCC are the outward facing contact point between CHA and referring Behavioral Health professionals, Emergency Service Providers, Public Safety Officials, payers and regulators. They are also the in-house contact point for CHA's own Emergency Departments and psychiatric units. These Specialists receive and process administrative calls from persons seeking admission to CHA inpatient psychiatric services for themselves or their clients and clinical calls for providers. The Specialist in the BHCC is charged with supporting multi-disciplinary efforts to maintain optimal census levels and, mindful of the requirements of the EMTALA law, productive payer mixes in all inpatient psychiatric units.
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, social work, or other human health service field is required.
- LMHC or LCSW preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and excel proficiency required.
- Microsoft Access proficiency preferred.
- Statistical analysis, and generating data based reports and summarizing the data required.
- Knowledge of EMTALA, payer mix and insurance guidelines preferred.
- Fast paced, high demand, problem solving, and answering phones in a timely manner meeting the benchmark goals.
- Service is open 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week including holidays.
- Experience working with Managed Care Organizations preferred.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a relevant human service field preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working in multicultural and multidisciplinary clinical settings preferred.
- Experience working with relevant community Behavioral Health resources preferred.
- Call Center experience preferred.