CHA requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
Cardiac Sonographer - Per Diem
Date Posted: 01/29/2023
Requisition Number: 79
Location: CHA Everett Hospital
Work Days: 7:30am-4pm
Department: Heart Station
Job Type: Per Diem On Call
Work Shift: Day
Union Name: CH Laborers 380
Performs a wide range of cardiovascular non-invasive tests according to an established protocol, in a manner that effectively promotes and supports the efficient operation of the department, including:
- Cardiovascular 2-D imaging, color flow, spectral display, continuous and pulsed wave Doppler
- Exercise/pharmacologic stress, harmonics and contrast imaging.
- Recognizes adequate vs inadequate data collection and prepares preliminary report in a form presentable for physician interpretation
- Recognizes abnormalities and life threatening findings and reports to physician or nursing unit as indicated.
- Documents notification as part of Quality Improvement activities.
- Responds appropriately to situations, which require immediate action and judgement in the area of patient care.
- Summons appropriate help and institutes necessary measures when confronted with emergencies.
- Strictly obeys isolation and infection control procedures and demonstrates knowledge of fire and safety procedures
- Use computerized database to generate reports and enter hospital charges on a timely basis
- Acts as a liaison when necessary with physicians and their staff to expedite procedures and results
- Performs other cross trained modalities as necessary
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the CHA Service Standards.
- Graduation from an accredited diagnostic sonography program.
- BS preferred.
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or Registry eligible
- One year experience in a hospital setting preferred
Cambridge Health Alliance brings Care to the People - including your neighbors, friends and family. Our local hospitals and care centers serve our vibrant, diverse communities, and play an integral role in improving health. As passionate advocates for the underserved, we actively partner with our communities to take on challenging public health issues, and conduct important research to help reduce barriers to care. We believe that everyone deserves access to high quality, convenient health care. This is why our employees believe in where they work and why many build long, rewarding careers at CHA.
Healthcare is changing rapidly. CHA has a strategic plan that charts a proactive course for our future. It is built on a vision of equity and excellence for everyone, every time. It also recognizes that our workforce is our most valuable asset and prioritizes competitive salaries, benefits and professional development opportunities for employees. The strategic plan is changing the way we provide care and improving the health and experience of our patients; we are looking for smart, committed, compassionate people who want to be part of making our vision of better health and equity a reality.
At CHA, you can believe in where you work and go home every day knowing you made a difference. Join our team and help us bring Care to the People.