CHA requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
Date Posted: 12/14/2021
Requisition Number: 481
Location: CHA Everett Hospital
Work Days: per diem as needed
Department: Heart Station
Job Type: Per Diem On Call
Work Shift: Day
Union Name: CH Laborers 380
Performs a wide range of cardiovascular non-invasive tests according to an established protocol, in a manner that effectively promotes and supports the efficient operation of the department, including:
- Cardiovascular 2-D imaging, color flow, spectral display, continuous and pulsed wave Doppler
- Exercise/pharmacologic stress, harmonics and contrast imaging.
- Recognizes adequate vs inadequate data collection and prepares preliminary report in a form presentable for physician interpretation
- Recognizes abnormalities and life threatening findings and reports to physician or nursing unit as indicated.
- Documents notification as part of Quality Improvement activities.
- Responds appropriately to situations, which require immediate action and judgement in the area of patient care.
- Summons appropriate help and institutes necessary measures when confronted with emergencies.
- Strictly obeys isolation and infection control procedures and demonstrates knowledge of fire and safety procedures
- Use computerized database to generate reports and enter hospital charges on a timely basis
- Acts as a liaison when necessary with physicians and their staff to expedite procedures and results
- Performs other cross trained modalities as necessary
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the CHA Service Standards.
- Graduation from an accredited diagnostic sonography program.
- BS preferred.
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or Registry eligible
- One year experience in a hospital setting preferred