CHA requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
Chief Revenue Officer
Department: Revenue Cycle Administration
Job Type: Full Time
Job Class: Non-union
Work Shift: Days
Work Days: M-F 8-5
Date Posted: 07/23/2021
Requisition Number: hrq-121440
To direct and implement CHA financial plans and strategies associated with revenue realization. The role includes supervision of revenue cycle operations, including pre-service activities of registration, insurance verification, and referral management, as well as billing and collection activities for all provider (including hospital and physician) operations. The position is responsible for maintenance of the charge description master, coordination with coding and billing efforts throughout the organization, and third party cost report preparation. The Chief Revenue Officer participates actively in strategic and business unit planning to develop reasonable and thorough revenue projections for annual budgets and multi-year projections. He/she participates actively in third party contract negotiations and negotiates with governmental payers as required. Critical responsibilities include achievement of annual and periodic goals for significant indicators of revenue cycle performance and for the organization s overall financial performance.
- Direct development and implementation of all NPSR, UCP and governmental revenue activities including accruals, reserves, settlements at the provider (hospital and physician) levels
- Provide overall direction to maximize existing revenue streams including charge structure development, payment system analysis, and cost reports.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a financially sound annual operating budgets and financial performance reports at the organizational and business unit level
- Lead or participate in numerous committees to ensure widespread participation in and understanding of revenue cycle operations including: Board Finance Committee, Operations Council, Contracting Committee, various Waiver Transformation teams, etc.
- Plan, coordinate, and prepare year-end audits with public accounting firms and third-party auditors as they relate to AR operations. Mediate and resolve conflicts regarding public accounting firms, third-party auditors, and investigative parties
- Coordinate and monitor all revenue cycle external vendor programs and systems including requests for proposals, contracting, and performance monitoring
- Maintain appropriate internal control safeguards over AR records and collection of cash
- Maintain compliance standards for providing accurate information on all facility or physician billings
- Assess and respond to organizational and customers needs with innovative programs to ensure customer satisfaction. Implement patient friendly billing guidelines
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, standards, and directives from regulatory agencies and third-party payers
- Ten years of demonstrated progressive experience in healthcare financial management
- Bachelor s degree in accounting (or related field) required. CPA and/or MBA (or equivalent) preferred
- Experience in payment and reimbursement systems and methodologies for large, complex hospitals, physicians and/or MCOs required
- Strong financial analytical, modeling, writing, and PC and software skills required
- Five years minimum experience in large and complex healthcare organizations and demonstrated record of accomplishments
- Demonstrated experience in developing complex systems, analytical framework for evaluation of financial performance, and performance based reporting
- Demonstrated ability to function as part of a senior leadership team and work with senior leaders in other organizations.