CHA requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
CLINICIAL SOCIAL WORKER
Department: Inpatient Case Management CH
Job Type: Per Diem
Job Class: Union
Work Shift: Days
Work Days: Mon-Fri; 8:00-4:30pm; occasional weekend shifts as needed
Date Posted: 07/06/2021
Requisition Number: hrq-121076
Job Purpose: Clinical Social Workers within the Inpatient Medical Units are vital members of the multi-disciplinary treatment teams. They are responsible for the evaluation and treatment of assigned caseload, including assessment of psychological needs and constructs plans for a broad range of psychosocial care. The diversity of the client population served in addition to the treatment modalities utilized requires interdisciplinary expertise and collaboration. The social worker will assess and intervene appropriately on cases concerning abuse/neglect/domestic violence, make appropriate referrals for aftercare, provide supportive Clinical Case Management counseling, provide short term and crisis intervention focusing on problems precipitating admission to medical units and disposition from hospital to community or other facilities. The social worker aids in resolution of care issues and needs, works to improve family functioning and communication, and increase patient satisfaction. They provide referrals for patients and families as part of the comprehensive discharge planning process. Referrals for adults, and/or families with psychiatric illness, substance abuse, and medical illness. Casework or therapy may take place in the hospital, offices, or community setting, as appropriate.
- Provides a range of psychological and psychosocial treatment, including individual, couple, family and group treatments and clinical case management services.
- Collaborates with multi-disciplinary team at service site, and specifically with the team leader to define and provide the services needed by clients. Demonstrates a capacity to work collaboratively in team setting, with an ability to listen to others, participate actively, and take appropriate responsibilities.
- Collaborates with other caregivers and community agencies as necessary to provide systemically informed, community based treatment. Such collaboration may require participation in caregiver conferences, Patient at Risk meetings, and other meetings as needed.
- Completes billings forms, managed care documentation, statistics, and other required paperwork thoroughly and on time.
- Provides all necessary documentation in inpatient's medical charts in an effective and timely fashion.
- Participates in activities of the Cambridge Health Alliance Community Health Network Department of Social Work.
- Participates in teaching and training activities, including continuing education activities needed to maintain yearly licensing requirements.
- May participate in PI activities, both in the service line/site and in the Department of Social Work.
Education/Training: Masters degree, Social Work Licensure: Current MA licensure as LICSW (Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker) or LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker) with eligibility for licensure of LICSW within 2 1/2 years of LCSW.
Certifications: Same as above. When required, must be credentialed by the CHA Medical Staff for practice in relevant clinical practice areas.
Previous Experience: Incumbents must have completed at least one successful internship in a medical setting required. Prior experience in a medical setting required. Two years post master s degree, in medical, clinical or human service setting with relevant populations preferred[cha062518]