- Search All Categories
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clerical and Administrative Support Jobs
- Clinical Support Jobs
- Human and Social Services Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Licensed Practical Nurse Jobs
- Medical Assistant Jobs
- Medical Technologist Jobs
- Nurse Manager Jobs
- Nurse Practitioner Jobs
- Nurse Support Jobs
- Nursing and Nursing Leadership Jobs
- Occupational Therapy Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physical Therapy Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Physician Assistant Jobs
- Professional and Management Jobs
- Public Safety Jobs
- Radiology Jobs
- Registered Nurse Jobs
- Research Jobs
- Service and Trade Jobs
- Social Work Jobs
CHA requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
Date Posted: 03/28/2023
Requisition Number: 3620
Location: Everett Hospital
Work Days: 8 hrs, Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Job Type: Temporary
Work Shift: Day
Union Name: Non Union
Are you starting out in healthcare or looking for a career change? If you are looking to make a difference CHA’s temporary staffing department may have a role for you. We offer flexible schedules, varied assignments, competitive pay, and health insurance. Come join an organization where your contribution is valued and continuous learning is part of your day.
Your colleagues are a progressive, innovative, fast-paced and dynamic information technology, health information management, library and training team supporting a vibrant health system that serves everyone in need.
Under the general supervision of the Communications Center Supervisor and within established Cambridge Health Alliance and departmental policies and procedures, Communications Center Operator performs routine, emergency and special communications procedures using PC based telephone and data programs to support all CHA hospitals, health centers & administrative offices. Operators handle telephone inquiries from patients, community at large and CHA clinicians and staff and provide accurate information and/or telephone transfer services to the appropriate person or department. Communications Center Operator accesses on-line directories, on-call schedules, policies and procedures; assists in locating physicians and staff within a fast paced centralized Communications Center. Essential job functions include greeting customers over the telephone with a professional and helpful attitude, accurately handling time sensitive communications requests, efficiently using resources, demonstrating a high level of team work, paying attention to detail, and processing multiple tasks between different functions.
• Telephone inquiries for CHA Hospitals, health centers and administrative offices performed within department guidelines based on statistical measurements obtained routinely from Xtend, Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) or other relevant manual or automated measurements
to include voice recorder systems for quality and training purposes.
• Must follow quality standards as established by the department; e.g. must be logged into the system at all times while not on breaks, must follow appropriate operator script and techniques for placing a call on hold or transferring a call, etc.
• Respond to a variety of customer routine and special telephone requests that requires real time problem solving; refers difficult or complex requests to Communications Center Lead Operator or supervisor; able to listen well and exhibit patience while deciphering requests from non-English speaking customers.
• Locate physicians and staff members without delay by telephone, overhead paging or radio paging per established on-line protocols; following IT problem reporting procedures as prescribed.
• Accurately and promptly following clinical and administrative emergency communications procedures in response to customer request for Code-99 medical staff assistance, alarms including Code Yellow fire, medical gas, panic, elevator, intrusion and others as required involving both manual and on-line procedures.
• Read, understand and implement relevant CHA and departmental specific policies and procedures and stay current with changes implemented in the Center; referring discrepancies to Lead or Supervisor; required daily check of email and bulletin board notices to receive important operational updates and special requests.
• Maintain accurate directory and associated confidential information in the Xtend system including entering, modifying on-line on-call schedules and making real-time changes to beeper units via an on-line web based system.
• Maintain accurate records for on-call schedules for clinical and administrative departments (i.e.: surgery, Administrator-On-Call, orthopedics) and notify supervisor immediately of incomplete or inaccurate information.
• Assist customer over the phone in conducting basic diagnostic procedures on beeper pager equipment and perform on-line, real time, replacement procedures of malfunctioning units or new pager assignments.
• Demonstrate flexibility from time to time in their work schedule and a commitment to the smooth operation of the Communications Center Department.
• Adheres to proper dress code, attendance and absenteeism policy.
• Completes educational and training requirements as per department and CHA policy.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
High School diploma or equivalent. Able to read and write English and follow instructions.
Minimum of 1 year experience operating computerized telephone operator switchboard equipment and personal computer with 6 months having been in direct customer service interaction (via telephone) in a fast-paced, high pressure service environment; familiar with beeper paging units.
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career development. Furthermore, we will not tolerate the use of discriminatory slurs, or other remarks, jokes or conduct, that in the judgment of CHA, encourage or permit an offensive or hostile work environment.
Cambridge Health Alliance brings Care to the People - including your neighbors, friends and family. Our local hospitals and care centers serve our vibrant, diverse communities, and play an integral role in improving health. As passionate advocates for the underserved, we actively partner with our communities to take on challenging public health issues, and conduct important research to help reduce barriers to care. We believe that everyone deserves access to high quality, convenient health care. This is why our employees believe in where they work and why many build long, rewarding careers at CHA.
Healthcare is changing rapidly. CHA has a strategic plan that charts a proactive course for our future. It is built on a vision of equity and excellence for everyone, every time. It also recognizes that our workforce is our most valuable asset and prioritizes competitive salaries, benefits and professional development opportunities for employees. The strategic plan is changing the way we provide care and improving the health and experience of our patients; we are looking for smart, committed, compassionate people who want to be part of making our vision of better health and equity a reality.
At CHA, you can believe in where you work and go home every day knowing you made a difference. Join our team and help us bring Care to the People.