CHA requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
Epidemiologist II - ICH
Department: ICH Institute Community Health
Job Type: Per Diem
Job Class: Non-union
Work Shift: Days
Work Days: Variable
Date Posted: 09/08/2021
Requisition Number: hrq-122227
The Institute for Community Health (ICH) is a non-profit consulting organization that provides planning and assessment, participatory evaluation, applied research and data services to help local communities create sustainable health. The cornerstone of our mission is a commitment to community engagement in all aspects of the planning, evaluation and research processes, and a deep appreciation for the diverse experiences and values that communities contribute to health improvement.
ICH has extensive experience working across sectors and with a broad array of organizations and institutions, including community-based organizations, city and state governments, hospitals and community health centers, and academic institutions. Our work spans a wide variety of topic areas, including immigrant health, health systems, health disparities, substance use, and mental health, among others. Further information about ICH is available at https://icommunityhealth.org/
This is a part-time position with variable hours, averaging 12-18 hours/week.
We actively seek to broaden the diversity of our team, and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
- Develop and implement analytic plans for assigned projects and perform epidemiologic and statistical analysis of various data, including, but not limited to data from electronic health records, claims databases, national survey sources, and project-specific surveys or other instruments
- Develop user-friendly displays of data using Microsoft products (Visio, PowerPoint, Excel) and other tools (e.g, mapping and dashboard tools), and act as a technical resource to other staff on interpretation and presentation of data
- Provide leadership to ICH staff on study design and instrument development to ensure that analysis and data collected will be valid and appropriate
- In collaboration with project team, disseminate project results to community and academic audiences through reports, presentations, journals and other materials
- Oversee and guide Epidemiologist Is on analytic projects
- Master's or doctorate degree in public health or related field
- Three to five years' work experience managing and analyzing data and implementing research and evaluation
- Strong skills in quantitative methods, including extensive knowledge of research design, descriptive and multivariate analyses, interpreting data, and explaining results to all types of audiences
- Advanced proficiency in SAS programming required, and thorough experience with Excel
- Experience developing research and evaluation plans and instruments, collecting and analyzing data, and writing reports
- Strong data visualization skills
- Experience working with community organizations and diverse populations
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with other ICH staff and clients