CHA requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
HIM Applications Analyst I
Date Posted: 05/23/2022
Requisition Number: 381
Location: Commerce Place
Work Days: Days, Monday thru Friday
Category: Information Technology
Department: IT DSRIP
Job Type: Full time
Work Shift: Day
Union Name: Non Union
To implement, maintain, support, and maximize the use of clinical, financial, and administrative portions of the software applications utilized by the Health Information Management Dept. at Cambridge Health Alliance in conducting daily operations under the direction of the Sr. Director of HIM.
- Maintain current HIM system applications
- Facilitate end users ability to understand and maximize use of HIM software to perform daily operations; evaluate user knowledge and work with I.T. Education staff to develop specialized training when necessary; educate users in system optimization
- Acts as liaison between users and the software vendor(s); guides the modification of system applications in instances where current applications impede performance or where changes will enhance performance
- Ensure system application updates are working properly before updates are loaded into the live system by coordinating testing and update dates with users and vendor.
- Monitor the HIM footprints and system failure reports to ensure they are functioning at all times: troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis. Provide corrective action for system errors or escalate when necessary to bring resolution as quickly as possible.
- Respond to user questions with timely answers and/or referral to appropriate department/person.
- Coordinate with Database Analysts to provide expertise in development of reports and analyses
- Work with other I.T. staff to ensure interfaces between applications and systems are functioning properly
- Work with HIM Department Managers and I.T. Education staff to ensure training programs/materials is developed as needed.
- Develop system documentation to supplement vendor manuals and which defines processes, procedures, and policies regarding utilization of various functions
- Demonstrates competent and effective job performance skills as evidenced by the volume, skill and technical knowledge of work performed, neatness, accuracy, thoroughness, and completeness, and the ability to follow instructions
- Demonstrates the ability to interact effectively and professionally with peers, administration, and other customers as demonstrated by willingness to work with others to achieve CHA s goals.
An associates degree or bachelor s degree in a related area preferred.
Two to Five years experience as an Application Analyst or similar experience in a healthcare related I.T. position.
Experience with EPIC clinical, financial, and administrative software, preferred.
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career development. Furthermore, we will not tolerate the use of discriminatory slurs, or other remarks, jokes or conduct, that in the judgment of CHA, encourage or permit an offensive or hostile work environment.