Hospital Aide I
Job Type: Part Time
Job Class: Union
Union Name: CHLABOR -Laborers Local 380
Work Shift: Evenings
Work Days: 8 hr shifts/3 times wk; e/o weeknd with rotating holidays
Date Posted: 02/06/2019
Requisition Number: hrq-88341
Med Surg 4 is a 31 Bed adult medical surgical telemetry unit. Our goal is to promote and restore patients' health by collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members. We provide care for a diverse patient population including GI, cardiovascular, and respiratory illnesses. We deliver care with an emphasis on assessment, education, prevention, maintenance, and restoration of health in a supportive and culturally sensitive manner.
The Hospital Aide I knows and understands the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of Nursing Service. Under the supervision of the professional nurse, the Hospital Aide provides basic nursing care to assigned patients.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- AHA Healthcare Provider BLS.
- Good organizational habits also required.
- Nursing student applicants must be open to a varied schedule
In order to be considered for the position, one of the following requirements must be met:
1. Certified Nursing Assistant with relevant acute care experience
2. Current Nursing Students with 1 year of clinical experience
3. Current Nursing Student with at least one completed semester of clinical with additional experience in direct patient care