CHA requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
Date Posted: 12/14/2021
Requisition Number: 522
Location: CHA Windsor Street Care Center
Work Days: 8-8:30-9a to 4:30-5-5:30p; 11a - 7:30p
Category: Licensed Practical Nurse
Department: Windsor Health Center
Job Type: Full time
Work Shift: Day / Evening
Union Name: CH Laborers 380
Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) is a leader in Primary Care, supporting a highly diverse population across the Boston metro-north region. Today, CHA serves more than 120,000 primary care patients during more than 300,000 annual visits. Services are available at 13 primary care centers, 3 teen health centers, via telehealth, and through some very special programs, right in patient homes. As a member of CHA Primary Care, you will be part of a dynamic team that values creativity and innovation. You will help deliver care across the entire spectrum of primary care - with internal medicine, family medicine, pediatrics, geriatrics and women's health services. You will be in a team-based setting, where primary care works hand-in-hand with behavioral health, pharmacy, complex care and multilingual interpreter services. CHA is also a teaching hospital, with several primary care centers hosting CHA's Harvard Internal Medicine residency and Tufts Family Medicine residency.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. May conduct a patient centered history utilizing appropriate interview techniques r/t ambulatory nursing and may obtain initial physical data including vital signs, weight, etc.
2. Incorporates available data, information and nursing knowledge relevant to the presenting health situation to identify patient care needs.
3. Competently utilizes evidence-based ambulatory care nursing interventions during clinical visits, telephone encounters, and electronic communications.
4. Administers medications (oral, sublingual, topical, subcutaneous, intradermal, and intramuscular injections according to hospital policy and procedure.
5. Administers all immunizations according to hospital policy and procedure.
6. Lab leader: Oversees daily quality checks of lab equipment, stock supplies for the lab.
7. Collects specimens such as urine, blood and sputum for testing and performs routine laboratory tests on samples according to hospital policy and procedure.
8. Monitors/checks Temptrak and glass thermometers daily. Tracks temperature on DPH temperature tracking form, troubleshoots Temptrak alarms.
9. Oversees supply/equipment ordering for procedure room, coordinate equipment kits for procedures and assist with procedures.
10. Quality Control - daily check for defibrillator and oxygen tanks.
11. Medication refill - review refill requests sent by MyChart patients; performs medication reconciliation and attach pertinent information necessary for provider to refill the medication and/or forward to Central Refill.
12. Performs selected procedures such a simple wound dressings, ear irrigations, PPD checks, Blood Pressure checks and suture removals according to hospital policy.
13. Provides age-appropriate care in a compassionate, caring, culturally, and ethnically sensitive manner.
14. Participates in the development and implementation of the interdisciplinary plan of care that identifies strategies tailored to achieve expected outcomes.
15. Documentation meets CHA, professional, and accreditation standards to facilitate communication of the patient condition in the provision and coordination of treatment and services.
16. Delegates appropriate interventions to ambulatory care team based on their demonstrated competency, state practice acts, available evidence-based guidelines, regulatory and governmental standards, and organizational policies and defined outcome measures.
17. Adheres to position descriptions, policies, protocols, and procedures related to nursing professional practice.
18. Employs strategies that promote the health/wellness of individuals/families and populations.
19. Contributes to data collection that monitors ambulatory care nursing and organizational performance.
20. Employs critical attributes of effective collaboration to create, promote, and maintain an environment that supports successful partnership and high performance team outcomes.
21. Demonstrates CHA Circle of Values and Service Standards.
22. Oversees the practice of non-professional nursing staff.
23. Directs the flow of patients and staff to assure patients are adequately managed, and the practice runs smoothly and effectively.
24. Other duties as required.
Education: Graduation from an accredited licensed practical school of nursing
Licensure: MA. LPN Licensure required
Work Experience: A minimum of two (2) years current primary care or ambulatory experience preferred.
Certifications: Maintains current American Heart Association Basic Life Support "C" certification
Linguistic Capabilities: Knowledge of a second language preferred.
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career development. Furthermore, we will not tolerate the use of discriminatory slurs, or other remarks, jokes or conduct, that in the judgment of CHA, encourage or permit an offensive or hostile work environment.