Department: SHPC Adult Med
Job Type: Full Time
Job Class: Union
Union Name: SHLABOR -Laborers Local 381
Work Shift: Day/Evening with Variable Start Time
Work Days: Days 8:30-5. Evenings 10-6:30. May vary, depending on needs.
Date Posted: 09/04/2019
Requisition Number: hrq-89388
- CHA Somerville Hospital Primary Care has an opening for a full-time LPN. This position will provide clinical support for a practice focusing on customer satisfaction and teamwork.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. May conduct a patient centered history utilizing appropriate interview techniques r/t ambulatory nursing and may obtain initial physical data including vital signs, weight, etc.
2. Incorporates available data, information and nursing knowledge relevant to the presenting health situation to identify patient care needs.
3. Competently utilizes evidence-based ambulatory care nursing interventions during clinical visits, telephone encounters, and electronic communications.
4. Administers medications (oral, sublingual, topical, subcutaneous, intradermal, and intramuscular injections according to hospital policy and procedure.
5. Administers all immunizations according to hospital policy and procedure.
6. Lab leader: Oversees daily quality checks of lab equipment, stock supplies for the lab.
7. Collects specimens such as urine, blood and sputum for testing and performs routine laboratory tests on samples according to hospital policy and procedure.
8. Monitors/checks Temptrak and glass thermometers daily. Tracks temperature on DPH temperature tracking form, troubleshoots Temptrak alarms.
9. Oversees supply/equipment ordering for procedure room, coordinate equipment kits for procedures and assist with procedures.
10. Quality Control - daily check for defibrillator and oxygen tanks.
11. Medication refill - review refill requests sent by MyChart patients; performs medication reconciliation and attach pertinent information necessary for provider to refill the medication and/or forward to Central Refill.
12. Performs selected procedures such a simple wound dressings, ear irrigations, PPD checks, Blood Pressure checks and suture removals according to hospital policy.
13. Provides age-appropriate care in a compassionate, caring, culturally, and ethnically sensitive manner.
14. Participates in the development and implementation of the interdisciplinary plan of care that identifies strategies tailored to achieve expected outcomes.
15. Documentation meets CHA, professional, and accreditation standards to facilitate communication of the patient condition in the provision and coordination of treatment and services.
16. Delegates appropriate interventions to ambulatory care team based on their demonstrated competency, state practice acts, available evidence-based guidelines, regulatory and governmental standards, and organizational policies and defined outcome measures.
17. Adheres to position descriptions, policies, protocols, and procedures related to nursing professional practice.
18. Employs strategies that promote the health/wellness of individuals/families and populations.
19. Contributes to data collection that monitors ambulatory care nursing and organizational performance.
20. Employs critical attributes of effective collaboration to create, promote, and maintain an environment that supports successful partnership and high performance team outcomes.
21. Demonstrates CHA Circle of Values and Service Standards.
22. Oversees the practice of non-professional nursing staff.
23. Directs the flow of patients and staff to assure patients are adequately managed, and the practice runs smoothly and effectively.
24. Other duties as required.
Education: Graduation from an accredited licensed practical school of nursing
Licensure: MA. LPN Licensure required
Work Experience: A minimum of two (2) years current primary care or ambulatory experience preferred.
Certifications: Maintains current American Heart Association Basic Life Support "C" certification
Linguistic Capabilities: Knowledge of a second language preferred.