Maintenance Mechanic II
Department: Repairs And Maintenance SH
Job Type: Full Time
Job Class: Union
Union Name: LOCAL3 - Local 3
Work Shift: Days
Work Days: 8 hours per day
Date Posted: 11/27/2020
Requisition Number: hrq-104124
Perform regular Maintenance duties: Clearing drains, hot and cold calls, light bulb replacement, repairs to door hardware, move furniture, machinery and mechanical equipment repairs, assist electrician, Lead Mechanic and other Maint. Mechanics as needed. Be available to cover "on-call" duties as part of a rotation with other Maintenance Staff. Be able to understand blue prints and mechanical drawings. Process paper work to document work performed and order materials to perform tasks. Candidate must also have carpentry skills, be able to use carpentry power and hand tools, light wall construction, mount doors/frames, construct and hang cabinets, work with variety of wood types, work with Formica counters and cabinets.
Education/Training: Certificate of completion from a vocational school, High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Licensure: Have a valid Driver's License.
Work Experience: Minimum five (5) years documented related work experience in maintenance, repair, construction of plumbing systems in Hospitals, Acute Care Healthcare Facilities, or Ambulatory Care Facilities. Ability to read and understand blue prints, construction schedules, assembly instructions, work orders, operating instructions.
- Extended periods of sitting, bending and walking.
- Eye-hand coordination.
- May work irregular hours between meals or breaks.
- Able to manipulate small large, light heavy furniture, objects, tools.
- Able to enter data in logs, work orders, records, etc. with legible numbers and letters.
- Visual acuity to accurately read small print and /or numbers from work orders, instruction manuals.
- Can maneuver up and down moderate to high ladders; on tops of equipment; small tight spaces.
- Able to reach arms length, in front of center line of body, full length overhead.
- Able to lift, carry heavy objects, tools of no more than forty (40) pounds weight.
- Able to bend, twist, rotate around body axis to service, repair, equipment.
- Auditory acuity to hear phones, equipment alarms, voices and converse in a very noisy environment.
- Can work independently, self starter, accepts responsibility readily.
- Cognitive ability to read, write, understand, analyze work order requests, policies, procedures.
- Can evaluate, process information rapidly, make appropriate judgments, decisions.
- Multi-task oriented - good organizational abilities.
- Able to work in demanding, stressful environment with concentration to complete tasks in spite of interruptions, distractions, customer comments, etc.
- Able to work with little or no direct supervision
Working Conditions and Physical Environment:
- Fluorescent lighting, some natural light in some areas.
- Concrete floors, some vinyl flooring in some areas.
- Physical hazards due to :
- Hazardous chemicals
- Infectious materials
- Electrical shock
- High temperature steam, liquids
- Potential for fire
- Equipment hazards
- Wet, slippery floors
- Noisy, dust, dirt
- Some air conditioned - warm, hot work areas.
- Small, uneven surfaces, narrow work spaces in/around equipment, work areas.
- Varied workstation heights
- Routine, sometimes boring, redundant, tasks, activities.