CHA requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
Date Posted: 05/23/2022
Requisition Number: 111
Location: CHA Cambridge Hospital
Work Days: M-F primarily evenings
Category: Allied Health
Job Type: Full time
Work Shift: Evening
Union Name: Non Union
Upto $10,000 SIGN ON BONUS!!!!
Provides management of the Chemistry, Hematology, Transfusion Service and Microbiology (limited) Departments in the Clinical Laboratory. Ensures high quality technical performance in accordance with the laboratory's goals and requirements. Manages all personnel assigned to work in these labs. Acts as a liaison between the departments and all internal and external customers. Promotes the efficient operation of the departments while providing optimal customer service.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities Include:
1. Daily monitoring and evaluation of QC results and instrument function to determine validity of testing.
2. Performs testing in all 3 disciplines and oversees the performance of all staff who do testing in these areas.
3. Assists Lab Director in the selection and hiring of new staff for these departments; trains new employees in department procedures and policies.
4. Is responsible for orientation, annual review training and competency checks of all staff in department.
5. Conducts performance evaluations on all staff for which he/she is responsible.
6. Conducts department meetings with staff (minimum of 6/year).
7. Participates in proficiency testing and oversight of results and corrective action for department.
8. Troubleshoots and resolves instrument problems.
9. Reviews and processes a variety of specimens, and utilizes the Medi-tech computer system for data entry; computerized worksheets and instrument interfaces are used in the performance of testing.
10. Performs both STAT and routine testing in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures that staff adhere to allowable turn-around-time parameters.
11. Attends monthly Lab Managers' meetings. Works collaboratively with other managers to ensure smooth operation of shifts and effective workflow patterns.
12. Integrates quality improvement into daily work. Conducts audits as needed and reports findings to monthly Lab Quality Improvement committee.
13. Attends monthly Lab QI meetings
BS degree with certification as MT (ASCP) or equivalent NCA.
Minimum of 4 years of clinical laboratory experience under a CAP qualified director.
Some previous supervisory experience preferred.
Excellent oral and written communication skills with fluency in the English language.
Experience with computer software programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point.
Meditech computer experience preferred.
Keywords: Med Tech, Clinical Lab Scientist