- Search All Categories
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clerical and Administrative Support Jobs
- Clinical Support Jobs
- Human and Social Services Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Licensed Practical Nurse Jobs
- Medical Assistant Jobs
- Medical Technologist Jobs
- Nurse Manager Jobs
- Nurse Practitioner Jobs
- Nurse Support Jobs
- Nursing and Nursing Leadership Jobs
- Occupational Therapy Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physical Therapy Jobs
- Physician Jobs
- Physician Assistant Jobs
- Professional and Management Jobs
- Public Safety Jobs
- Radiology Jobs
- Registered Nurse Jobs
- Research Jobs
- Service and Trade Jobs
- Social Work Jobs
CHA requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
Date Posted: 03/28/2023
Requisition Number: 2764
Location: Everett Hospital
Work Days: 9-5:30
Category: Medical Assistant
Department: Medical Specialties
Job Type: Temporary
Work Shift: Day
Union Name: Non Union
Are you starting out in healthcare or looking for a career change? If you are looking to make a difference CHA’s temporary staffing department may have a role for you. We offer flexible schedules, varied assignments, competitive pay, and health insurance. Come join an organization where your contribution is valued and continuous learning is part of your day.
Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) is a community hospital that cares for a highly diverse population in the Boston metro-north region. As a member of our Medical Specialty team, you will help us care for patients in Cardiology, Dermatology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Geriatrics, Hematology/Oncology, Infectious Disease, Neurology, and Pulmonary Medicine. This includes consults and procedures at our two acute care hospitals and ambulatory care at our three medical specialty clinics.
Medical assistants are essential members or the care team. They provide clinical support to both patients and providers to ensure that the patient’s health care needs are addressed, while also contributing to the smooth operation of the clinic by facilitating patient flow.
• Actively and efficiently manage the flow of patients through the clinic:
• Pre-visit chart medical record preparation and information gathering to optimize the visit.
• Participate in team huddles and team meetings.
• Room patients:
• Assist providers with medical histories
• Appropriate documentation in the electronic health record
• Check routine vital signs and point of care testing (based on patient’s reason for visit, age and diagnosis
• Perform screening questionnaires and pain score, as needed
• Actively communicates with patients to set expectations, e.g., wait times, what to expect during visit.
• Provides clear and timely observations to providers regarding patient issues.
• Manages room cleaning, stocking, set-up, and turnover.
• Assists providers with clinical procedures.
• Participate in process improvement initiatives.
• Participate in staff meetings, MA meetings and continuing education sessions.
• Assist co-workers in their duties within the limitations of training and scope of practice
• Other duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
Graduation from an accredited medical assistant program.
Maintains current Basic Life Support “C” certification.
Linguistic Capabilities: Ability to write and verbally communicate in English. Knowledge of a second language preferred.
Minimum of 2 years experience as a Medical Assistant preferred.
Minimum of one year administrative duties in a clinical setting preferred.
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career development. Furthermore, we will not tolerate the use of discriminatory slurs, or other remarks, jokes or conduct, that in the judgment of CHA, encourage or permit an offensive or hostile work environment.
Cambridge Health Alliance brings Care to the People - including your neighbors, friends and family. Our local hospitals and care centers serve our vibrant, diverse communities, and play an integral role in improving health. As passionate advocates for the underserved, we actively partner with our communities to take on challenging public health issues, and conduct important research to help reduce barriers to care. We believe that everyone deserves access to high quality, convenient health care. This is why our employees believe in where they work and why many build long, rewarding careers at CHA.
Healthcare is changing rapidly. CHA has a strategic plan that charts a proactive course for our future. It is built on a vision of equity and excellence for everyone, every time. It also recognizes that our workforce is our most valuable asset and prioritizes competitive salaries, benefits and professional development opportunities for employees. The strategic plan is changing the way we provide care and improving the health and experience of our patients; we are looking for smart, committed, compassionate people who want to be part of making our vision of better health and equity a reality.
At CHA, you can believe in where you work and go home every day knowing you made a difference. Join our team and help us bring Care to the People.