CHA requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
Network Cableplant Engineer
Date Posted: 12/01/2022
Requisition Number: 3041
Location: CHA Somerville Campus
Work Days: M-F 8:30-5:00
Category: Information Technology
Department: IT CHA Network
Job Type: Full time
Work Shift: Day
Union Name: Non Union
Your colleagues are a progressive, innovative, fast-paced and dynamic information technology, health information management, library and training team supporting a vibrant health system that serves everyone in need.
Design and manage the vendor selection, cost analysis and installation of CHA’s cable specifications and in accordance with national and regional codes as appropriate. Designs, coordinates and oversees external vendor installations of fiber and copper cabling including associated pathways requires at building egresses, internal building horizontal or vertical media infrastructure and station end points across all CHA locations. Placement and other services with the cable group to specified custom buildings. Responsible for all vertical and horizontal riser copper and fiber cables.
• Coordinate with building owner for floor space, power grounding, and access to inside building wiring and inside conduit for cabling, as required.
• Engineer the fiber and copper cable network for the specific building, including all inside wiring design, and outside plant design.
• Coordinate technical management on construction and service functions.
• Maintain inside building inventory for all terminal blocks and inside wiring.
• Manage the outside contractors, including electrical contractors for power and grounding that perform the actual placing and splicing activities. This includes contractor selection, supervision and quality control.
• Perform site surveys to provide pre-sale cost estimates for servicing a specific building.
• Manage the PA, PO and invoice payment process to support above functions.
• Coordinate with customer’s technical personnel on all wiring and network interface issues.
• Manage RFP process from writing RFP to selecting contractors and awarding bid.
• Resolve complaints and build effective relationships with building managers.
• Ensures all equipment installations and cabling meet Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) standards.
• Work with the CHA Public Safety dept. and security contractors to engineer new and maintain existing services.
Education/Training: Associate’s degree in electronics or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree or eight years equivalent experience preferred.
Certifications: BICSI RCDD certification required
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career development. Furthermore, we will not tolerate the use of discriminatory slurs, or other remarks, jokes or conduct, that in the judgment of CHA, encourage or permit an offensive or hostile work environment.