Department: Zinberg Clinic
Job Type: Per Diem
Job Class: Union
Union Name: TCH MNA-TCH Mass Nurses Assoc
Work Shift: Day/Evening with Variable Start Time
Work Days: 0
Date Posted: 06/14/2019
Requisition Number: hrq-85294
1. Assess the physical and psychosocial health of individuals and families by:
a) Obtaining health, medical and social histories using the problem oriented
(SOAP) recording system.
b. Evaluating, interpreting and recording the developmental status of the patient
and family in order to plan and execute proper intervention.
c. Performing physical examinations.
2. Diagnose health and development problems.
3. Cares for patients suffering from acute and chronic diseases by managing
Therapeutic regimens according to established guidelines.
4. Consults appropriately with collaborating physician in accordance with guidelines.
5. Initiates, evaluates and modifies the effectiveness of therapeutic plans, collaborating
Appropriately with other members of the health care team.
6. Assesses the patient's level of health education and provides appropriate teaching.
7. Orders laboratory and radiographic studies as necessary for the determination of health
status according to guidelines. Discriminates between normal and abnormal findings.
Evaluates results and determines which findings require consultation or referrals to other
8. Works with the community to assess health needs. Assists in the development and
implementation of programs designed to meet community needs.
9. Attends conferences and meetings with other agencies, providers, neighborhood health
associations and other advisory groups to share information, discuss common problems,
give reports and seek consumer input etc.
10. Maintains stock supplies of pharmaceuticals, medical supplies and equipment.
11. Maintains accurate records, and maintains referral books and tickler files for follow-up
of specific problems.
12. Participates in quality care of evaluations to include record audits and initiation/revision of
guidelines, policies and procedures. Attends and contributes to clinical meeting of specialty
and other meetings.
13. Attends continuing education conferences and programs to obtain requisite numbers of CEU's
as required by legislation for registration and certification. Maintains current awareness of new
concepts, methods, techniques, regulations, etc., related to the Nurse Practitioner role.
14. Provides clinical learning situation and appropriate supervision for nursing students as required.
15. Maintains confidentiality of information at all times.
16. Follows prescribed safety rules and regulations. Observes and promotes hospital policies.
17. Consistently supports the department's team approach to provision of quality service to its
18. Communicates effectively and works as part of a team. Displays ability to get along with
co-workers, other departments and the public.
19. Adjusts to new, different, or urgent work situations.
20. Performs other related or similar duties as directed or as responsibilities necessitate.
Education/Training: Successful completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program or graduate of a Bachelors or Masters Degree program, with an incorporated Nurse Practitioner Program. Knowledge of a second language may be required.
Licensure: Registered to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in an expanded role. Maintains DEA number and Mass DPH registration to prescribe controlled substances. MA. RN Licensure required
Certifications: Must have taken and passed a recognized national certification exam and have Maintained certification. Current Basic Life Support "C" Certification. Must successfully complete The Cambridge Health Alliance credentialing process.
Work Experience: A minimum of two (2) years nursing experience. Infectious disease experience preferred.