CHA requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
Primary Care RN
Date Posted: 03/09/2022
Requisition Number: 1194
Location: CHA Cambridge Hospital
Work Days: Varied shifts
Category: Registered Nurse
Department: Primary Care at Cambridge Hospital
Job Type: Full time
Work Shift: 32/40
Union Name: MNA Cambridge
Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) is a leader in Primary Care, supporting a highly diverse population across the Boston metro-north region. Today, CHA serves more than 120,000 primary care patients during more than 300,000 annual visits. Services are available at 13 primary care centers, 3 teen health centers, via telehealth, and through some very special programs, right in patient homes. As a member of CHA Primary Care, you will be part of a dynamic team that values creativity and innovation. You will help deliver care across the entire spectrum of primary care - with internal medicine, family medicine, pediatrics, geriatrics and women's health services. You will be in a team-based setting, where primary care works hand-in-hand with behavioral health, pharmacy, complex care and multilingual interpreter services. CHA is also a teaching hospital, with several primary care centers hosting CHA's Harvard Internal Medicine residency and Tufts Family Medicine residency.
Newly hired experienced RNs interested in committing to a minimum of two years of employment at Cambridge Health Alliance, may be eligible to receive a retention bonus of $10,000. Part-time employees may be eligible for a prorated retention bonus. Please speak with your HR Advisor for details.
The Registered Nurse is responsible and accountable for planning and providing patient care for patients in accordance with established Nursing Standards of Care. He/she demonstrates initiative, knowledge and clinical skills in caring for the patient with complex needs. The Registered Nurse demonstrates the ability to effectively manage patients by assuming full responsibility for the assessment, plan, implementation and evaluation of nursing care and is directly reports to a designated nurse manager and/or clinical manager / off shift manager.
1. Conducts a patient centered assessment utilizing appropriate assessment techniques r/t ambulatory nursing.
2. Synthesizes available data, information and nursing knowledge relevant to the presenting health situation to identify unique medical/nursing needs and implements appropriate interventions for age specific categories.
3. Competently utilizes competent, evidence-based ambulatory care nursing interventions during clinical visits, telephone encounters, and electronic communications.
4. Provides age-appropriate care in a compassionate, caring, culturally, and ethnically sensitive manner.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of the interdisciplinary plan of care that identifies strategies tailored to achieve expected outcomes.
6. Documentation meets CHA, professional, and accreditation standards to facilitate communication of the patient condition in the provision and coordination of treatment and services.
7. Using CHA approved protocols for telephone triage, the ambulatory care nurse determines the urgency and disposition based on data in order to expedite care and provide tailored health information and advice to the patient/family.
8. Coordinates the delivery of care within the practice setting and across health care settings.
9. Delegates appropriate interventions to ambulatory care team based on their demonstrated competency, state practice acts, available evidence-based guidelines, regulatory and governmental standards, and organizational policies and defined outcome measures.
10. Adheres to position descriptions, policies, protocols, and procedures related to nursing professional practice.
11. Serves as a point of contact for coordination of care across multiple agencies and/or health care organizations.
12. Employs strategies that promote the health/wellness of individuals/families and populations.
13. Supports the patient and their caregiver in developing skills for self-efficacy to promote, maintain, or restore health, such as health lifestyle tips, risk-reducing behaviors, age and developmental needs, daily living activities, and preventive care.
14. Contributes to data collection that monitors ambulatory care nursing and organizational performance.
15. Integrates into practice the findings of quality of care and performance improvement initiatives that improve the quality of ambulatory care nursing practice, outpatient care services, and organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
16. Employs critical attributes of effective collaboration to create, promote, and maintain an environment that supports successful partnership and high performance team outcomes.
17. Demonstrates CHA Circle of Values and Service Standards.
18. Implements appropriate and approved best practices, including research findings, to guide practice decisions.
19. Oversees the practice of non-professional nursing staff.
20. Employs beneficial, cost-effective ways to maximize wellness, prevent illness, and manage acute and chronic disease and disabilities to affect the most positive health status over the patient's life span.
21. Directs the flow of patients and staff to assure patients are adequately managed, and the practice runs smoothly and effectively.
22. Administers medications according to hospital policy and procedure.
23. Other duties as required.
Education/Training: A graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Newly hired RNs are required to have a BSN within 1 year of hire. BSN Preferred.
Licensure: MA. RN Licensure required Certifications: Maintains current AHA BLS
Work Experience: A minimum of two (2) years current ambulatory nursing required. In addition, for family practice sites, pediatric and OB experience required.
Linguistic Capabilities: Knowledge of a second language preferred.
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career development. Furthermore, we will not tolerate the use of discriminatory slurs, or other remarks, jokes or conduct, that in the judgment of CHA, encourage or permit an offensive or hostile work environment.