CHA requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
Professional Training, CE & Development Coordinator
Date Posted: 01/29/2023
Requisition Number: 451
1035 Cambridge St, Cambridge, MA 02139
Work Days: 40 hours per week with occasional evening and weekend work
Category: Professional and Management
Department: CHA Center for Mindfulness
Job Type: Full time
Work Shift: Day / Evening
Union Name: Non-Union
The Center for Mindfulness and Compassion (CMC) is a vibrant, interdisciplinary center within the diverse public health system, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA). CMC aims to enhance the health and well-being of CHA patients and our communities by integrating mindfulness and compassion into healthcare. Based on current scientific understanding of mindfulness and compassion, CMC encourages empirically-supported theory and practice. CMC focuses on innovation in areas of patient care, professional education, scientific research, workplace wellbeing, and programs for our diverse communities. Grounded in the value that mindfulness and compassion are innate human capacities that support health and wellbeing, CMC aims to foster an inclusive, caring and multicultural community that allows individuals to thrive. CMC maintains a strong commitment to inclusion, communication, and compassion on its team and in the daily operations of the Center.
CMC 's programs include evidence-based mindfulness and compassion 8-week courses, half- and full-day retreats, CE workshops, professional trainings, CMC Grand Rounds, seminars, ongoing drop-in groups (e.g., Daily Live Online programming), and community events.
· Professional Training Program and Event Coordination:
o Manages the scheduling and coordination of CMC s professional training programs and training pathways, including participation in strategic planning and visioning, and initial preparation of budgetary planning for each training for review with Programs and Engagement Manager (PEM) and CMC Director.
o Collaborates as part of the CMC team on conducting needs assessment and developing new professional training programs, workshops, large events.
o Collaborates with CHA departments and local community organizations to coordinate large community events.
o Assists with CMC membership management, including content and correspondence on the membership platform and managing member discounts for professional trainings, CE/CMEs, courses.
o Maintains responsibility for the implementation of CMC professional training programs and workshops and for all aspects of logistics management and coordination, CE and CME coordination, webpages, and both application and scholarship application processes.
o Manages all professional-training related communication and records.
· Development Coordination:
o Coordinates and executes fundraising campaigns and special fundraising events.
o Updates annual report.
o Researches and maintains contact information in appropriate systems for potential and existing donors.
o Liaises with CHA Foundation
· Marketing and Outreach for Professional Training Programs and Events:
o Supports developing new and improving current marketing and outreach strategies and audiences, and builds relationships with various media and community partners to promote professional training activities.
o Develops professional training program and workshop promotional content.
o Maintains and updates CMC s professional trainings web pages.
o Track CMC s marketing and communications efforts for professional training activities
o Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy (IMP) Administrative, Marketing, and Event Logistics support
· Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, public relations, psychology, business, or other related field preferred
· 2+ years experience with event planning/management, marketing and public communications preferred
· Experience with mindfulness and compassion programming and related communications preferred
· Experience with Constant Contact, Zoom, website development, social media marketing, and Salesforce is a bonus
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Detail-oriented and experience with event planning, content management/creation
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Social media experience (2+ years preferred), with proficiency in analytics and SEO and Technical skills and experience using social media platforms, contact/database management and web-based and graphic platforms
· Knowledge of marketing and communication tools (such as Squarespace and Constant Contact) to support the work of CMC and the engagement of CHA and our local community
· Ability to work with spreadsheets and financial information
· Ability to work collaboratively on a team and be self-starting and independent with projects and initiatives
· Willingness to assume responsibility for projects and do what is needed
· Experience communicating with grant-funding agencies is welcomed
· Experience with accounting is preferred
· Experience as a mindfulness practitioner and sincere interest in continuing to grow and deepen a practice is preferred
A two- to three-year commitment is preferred
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career development. Furthermore, we will not tolerate the use of discriminatory slurs, or other remarks, jokes or conduct, that in the judgment of CHA, encourage or permit an offensive or hostile work environment.
Cambridge Health Alliance brings Care to the People - including your neighbors, friends and family. Our local hospitals and care centers serve our vibrant, diverse communities, and play an integral role in improving health. As passionate advocates for the underserved, we actively partner with our communities to take on challenging public health issues, and conduct important research to help reduce barriers to care. We believe that everyone deserves access to high quality, convenient health care. This is why our employees believe in where they work and why many build long, rewarding careers at CHA.
Healthcare is changing rapidly. CHA has a strategic plan that charts a proactive course for our future. It is built on a vision of equity and excellence for everyone, every time. It also recognizes that our workforce is our most valuable asset and prioritizes competitive salaries, benefits and professional development opportunities for employees. The strategic plan is changing the way we provide care and improving the health and experience of our patients; we are looking for smart, committed, compassionate people who want to be part of making our vision of better health and equity a reality.
At CHA, you can believe in where you work and go home every day knowing you made a difference. Join our team and help us bring Care to the People.