CHA requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
RN- Labor and Delivery
Department: Labor And Delivery CH
Job Type: Part Time
Job Class: Union
Work Shift: Days/Nights
Work Days: 7a-7:30p / 7p-7:30a every other weekend and holiday rotation
Date Posted: 10/26/2021
Requisition Number: hrq-124622
The Maternity Suite at Cambridge Hospital is a beautiful unit with scenic views of downtown Boston and Harvard Square. It includes a Labor and Delivery (L&D) Unit, Post Partum Unit, and Continuing Care Nursery and helps more than 1,000 growing families every year. The 7 bed labor unit has 3 triage bays and 2 operating suites. We are proud of our multidisciplinary patient care, our culturally sensitive approach to labor and delivery, and some of the lowest C-section rates in Massachusetts. The Post Partum Unit consists of 14 private rooms with a level 1b Continuing Care nursery. This unit provides care for mothers and infants through the early stages of postpartum to discharge. We foster a culturally sensitive approach to couplet care and early family bonding.
Unit Specific Responsibilities in the areas of : McGovern Maternity Unit Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery
- Provides an ongoing assessment and care of the mother through the antenatal, intrapartum, and postpartum periods according to established guidelines.
- Provides ongoing assessment and care of the mother and newborn according to established guidelines.
- Provides education from antenatal to immediate postpartum period.
- Orchestrates and initiates discharge planning and follow up care for mother and newborn.
- Participates in ongoing labor and delivery unit based quality initiatives.
Evidence Based Practice
- Maintains clinical practice in accordance with AWHONN, ACOG, NRP, and AAP established guidelines.
- Successfully completes the labor and delivery unit based competency programs as required.
Current MA RN Licensure.
Graduation from an NLN accredited school of nursing.
BSN strongly preferred: BSN required within 1 year of date of hire for newly hired RNs.
Current Labor and Delivery RN required
American Heart Association BLS and ACLS Required
NRP Required; AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring - preferred