CHA requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
Site Supervisor, Distribution
Date Posted: 01/29/2023
Requisition Number: 619
Manages and coordinates the day-to-day site activities of the Storeroom, Receiving, Mail, and Couriers with regard to supervision of personnel, receipt of goods, storage of goods, and distribution of goods to ensure that all products are received and delivered in a timely fashion
- Provides direct supervision to the staff in an effort to provide a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Conducts periodic cycle counts of the Inventory and reviews any discrepancies with the staff and immediate supervisor.
- Reviews any process issues that have been identified as a potential cause and effect.
- Communicates any incorrect or damaged shipments.
- Coordinates periodic verification of Expiration Dates , especially IV Solutions.
- Advises Manager of any products that are on backorder, out of stock or in the wrong location.
- Responsible for addressing recalls, conducting the changes of products, and reporting them to the appropriate Value Analysis team.
- Works with Prime Distributor on Product concerns, finding substitute product, and with product conversions.
- Verifies that all departments orders have been scanned and entered within the allotted time period. Also, ensures that all deliveries are delivered and put away prior to the next days scanning process.
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of Supply Chain work areas to include daily sweeping and removal of cardboard.
- All phone requests are processed and delivered within 45 minutes, unless otherwise noted. Exceptions require a follow up call to the requesting department.
- Participates in the annual inventory as well as random cycle counts.
- Follows Hospitals Joint Commission and DPH guidelines and standards
- Provides usage reports, conjunction with Supply Chain Analyst, to Clinical leaders and Nurse Directors to identify items with no usage or low usage.
- Provides feedback to the staff regarding par level adjustments, removal of products and addition of supplies on units via email
- Monitors access to the Storeroom and directs unauthorized individuals out of the area. Any infractions are communicated immediately to the Security Department.
- An Associate's Degree in Business Management, Bachelor's Degree preferred. Minimum of 5 years work experience in a hospital Storeroom and Purchasing Department required. Individual must also have working knowledge of an automated inventory system, such as MediTech.
- Employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical interference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career development. Furthermore, we will not tolerate the use of discriminatory slurs, or other remarks, jokes or conduct, that in the judgment of CHA, encourage or permit an offensive or hostile work environment.
Cambridge Health Alliance brings Care to the People - including your neighbors, friends and family. Our local hospitals and care centers serve our vibrant, diverse communities, and play an integral role in improving health. As passionate advocates for the underserved, we actively partner with our communities to take on challenging public health issues, and conduct important research to help reduce barriers to care. We believe that everyone deserves access to high quality, convenient health care. This is why our employees believe in where they work and why many build long, rewarding careers at CHA.
Healthcare is changing rapidly. CHA has a strategic plan that charts a proactive course for our future. It is built on a vision of equity and excellence for everyone, every time. It also recognizes that our workforce is our most valuable asset and prioritizes competitive salaries, benefits and professional development opportunities for employees. The strategic plan is changing the way we provide care and improving the health and experience of our patients; we are looking for smart, committed, compassionate people who want to be part of making our vision of better health and equity a reality.
At CHA, you can believe in where you work and go home every day knowing you made a difference. Join our team and help us bring Care to the People.