CHA requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
Sr. Director, Medical Staff Services
Date Posted: 01/29/2023
Requisition Number: 3080
Location: CHA Cambridge Hospital
Work Days: M-F
Category: Professional and Management
Department: Medical Staff Office
Job Type: Full time
Work Shift: Day
Union Name: Non Union
The Medical Staffing Office is responsible for the general management of all medical staff services functions including: credentialing, continuing medical education, and medical staff committee support.
Summary:Under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer, the Director of Medical Staff Services/PE has system responsibility for directing the Medical Staff Office (MSO) and Provider Enrollment (PE) functions at Cambridge Health Alliance.
• In the role of MSO director, contributes to the safety and quality care of patients through the accurate and timely credentialing and privileging process of 700+ members of the medical staff and 400+ members of the Allied Health Professional staff.
• In the role of Provider Enrollment director, directly impacts the financial viability of CHA providers through the timely enrollment of practitioners with contracted commercial and government payers.
• As general administrator of the medical staff/provider enrollment function at CHA, including joint hospital board, executive committee, credentialing, and continuing medical education programs.
• The Director is a facilitator, organizational liaison, and mentor while having responsibility for resolving administrative and operational issues.
• Is an alliance-wide leader and resource for matters involving medical staff and allied health licensure, supervision, bylaws and other relevant legal and regulatory issues.
Education/Training: Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters preferred
Certifications: CPMSM and/or CPCS by the National Association Medical Staff Services
Work Experience: 5+ years experience in a health care setting; demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills; thorough knowledge of accreditation standards as well as other state and federal regulatory requirements; ability to work well with individuals at all levels within the institution; and strong computer skills
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career development. Furthermore, we will not tolerate the use of discriminatory slurs, or other remarks, jokes or conduct, that in the judgment of CHA, encourage or permit an offensive or hostile work environment.
Cambridge Health Alliance brings Care to the People - including your neighbors, friends and family. Our local hospitals and care centers serve our vibrant, diverse communities, and play an integral role in improving health. As passionate advocates for the underserved, we actively partner with our communities to take on challenging public health issues, and conduct important research to help reduce barriers to care. We believe that everyone deserves access to high quality, convenient health care. This is why our employees believe in where they work and why many build long, rewarding careers at CHA.
Healthcare is changing rapidly. CHA has a strategic plan that charts a proactive course for our future. It is built on a vision of equity and excellence for everyone, every time. It also recognizes that our workforce is our most valuable asset and prioritizes competitive salaries, benefits and professional development opportunities for employees. The strategic plan is changing the way we provide care and improving the health and experience of our patients; we are looking for smart, committed, compassionate people who want to be part of making our vision of better health and equity a reality.
At CHA, you can believe in where you work and go home every day knowing you made a difference. Join our team and help us bring Care to the People.