CHA requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
Sr. Epic Reporting Administrator
Date Posted: 12/01/2022
Requisition Number: 3329
Location: Commerce Place
Work Days: 9-5
Category: Information Technology
Department: IT Business Analytics
Job Type: Full time
Work Shift: Day
Union Name: Non Union
• The Sr. Epic Reporting Administrator supports complex or critical business processes, systems and clients. S/he carries out these responsibilities by providing information technology (IT) solutions. Builds and implements foundational elements of EPIC reporting systems to support CHA needs as a key member of the reporting team.
• Works with Business Analytics and Epic teams to build Reporting Workbench (RW) templates, queries, columns, action buttons and other items as needed to enable reporting analysts to create effective reports for end users.
• Acts as the RW programmer and takes responsibility for coordinating and managing the RW application, including working closely with a broad array of constituents, from direct support for end users to server performance issues with Systems personnel.
• Executes overall MyEPIC implementation and build. Configures MyEPIC reporting homepage and dashboards in collaboration with reporting analysts.
• Takes the role of a system administrator for EPIC reporting tools including administration of user security for MyEPIC and Reporting Workbench.
• Provides senior-level support to data analysis and reporting efforts.
• Works with other analysts in the department and end users to identify the best platform for different forms of reports and analysis including disease specific registries
• Collaborates with Lead Business Intelligence Architects to integrate RW content, BI content, and other reporting sources into the MyEpic Dashboard Framework, a key component as CHA evolves towards a cohesive and seamless reporting environment for end users.
• Participates in Epic team meetings as needed. Communicates relevant Epic changes or new tools to the Business Analytics and Epic teams as necessary.
• Provides guidance to peers and less-experienced staff in a team-oriented environment. Motivates team members.
• Lead projects independently
• Performs overall systems design, development and delivery. Demonstrates creativity and expertise in developing cost effective IT solutions.
• Develops, manages and implements project plans, including resources, tasks, time frames and deliverables. Monitors projects and advises project members on how to resolve complex technical problems, in accordance with IT standards. Project teams may be up to teams of 6.
• Evaluates the capabilities of existing technology and the potential application of new technology. Provides recommendations for resources to meet client needs. Develops new methods for improving IT services.
• Recommends innovative solutions to new business processes and/or enhancements to existing systems, which comply with IT standards.
• Reviews and approves documentation.
• Participates in the evaluation of vendor proposals to determine if a vendor solution meets the business need.
• Communicates planned or unplanned disruption of service to clients and IT staff in a timely manner.
• Coordinates cross-functional processes and works to resolve issues.
• Communicates, as needed, to other CHA departments, work in progress to ensure that other systems are not adversely affected.
• Ensures that work meets established standards, uses the appropriate technology and is adequately tested.
• May be required to work on the page/call rotation
• Provides technical and administrative direction to peers and less-experienced staff. Mentors less experienced staff and may oversee the work of contractors. Educates other staff and clients in the use of IT standards, new tools, languages and procedures.
• May be responsible for the presentation of results to clients and/or management.
• Performs work flow analysis in both clinical and administrative settings
Bachelor’s degree in health care related field, information systems, or business management; Master’s degree preferred.
• Work Experience:
7 years’ work experience or equivalent combination thereof.
Must demonstrate progressive knowledge, responsibility and experience. Significant experience working in a complex health care organization and deploying systems to meet user needs is a plus.
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career development. Furthermore, we will not tolerate the use of discriminatory slurs, or other remarks, jokes or conduct, that in the judgment of CHA, encourage or permit an offensive or hostile work environment.