CHA requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
Sr. Network Engineer
Date Posted: 12/01/2022
Requisition Number: 599
Location: CHA Somerville Campus
Work Days: M-F 8:30-5:00
Category: Information Technology
Department: IT CHA Network
Job Type: Full time
Work Shift: Day
Union Name: Non Union
Reporting to the Manager, Network & Telecommunications, the Lead Network Engineer has lead engineering responsibility for the Cambridge Health Alliance enterprise voice and data network. The Lead Network Engineer is responsible for leading and coordinating CHA network implementations, modifications and maintenance, while ensuring consistency with the overall enterprise network design. The Lead Network Engineer acts as the technical implementation and design mentor to the LAN, WAN and Cableplant Engineers/Technicians.
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or significant relevant work/professional experience in lieu of formal education. (4-year degree in related field plus 2 years experience, or 2-year degree in related field plus 4 years experience, or 6 years experience.)
· Network experience on Juniper for the wired network and Aruba for the wireless network is required
· Must be knowledgeable in the following areas/technologies. DS0, DS1 and DS3, Frame Relay, ISDN, xDSL, Cisco Routers and Switches, Nortel Routers and switches.
· Must possess advanced, working knowledge of the following routing protocols. (OSPF, EGIRP, RIP, RIPv2)
· Must possess advanced, working knowledge of the VLANs, and data and voice trunking concepts.
· Must possess solid, working understanding of network design concepts, including implementation/migration of routing protocols, layer 2/3 fault tolerance design, as well as secure networking technologies and concepts.
· CCNA, CCIE, or other network certification desired but not required.
· Minimum of 4 years hands on experience implementing and maintaining large corporate networks, with at least 2 years experience in a lead network engineering role.
· Hands on experience configuring and maintaining CISCO and or Nortel Networks switches and routers.
· Hands on experience implementing and configuring Wide Area Network circuits.
· Must be able to work hands on with hardware and communications equipment, which are stored at various heights. Must have fine motor control necessary for wiring and making telecommunications connections. Must be able to lift 70 pounds.
· Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with customers and vendors, both technically and instructionally.
· Ability to work as a member of a team, while staying focused on individual responsibilities.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to effectively articulate and communicate with manager when priorities are in conflict.
· Must be able to work independently and complete projects on budget and on schedule.
Requires travel to and from CHA sites and working in communications closets/areas at various locations throughout the facility.
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career development. Furthermore, we will not tolerate the use of discriminatory slurs, or other remarks, jokes or conduct, that in the judgment of CHA, encourage or permit an offensive or hostile work environment.