CHA requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
Storeroom Clerk Float
Date Posted: 12/01/2022
Requisition Number: 2244
Location: Commerce Place
Work Days: 8.0
Category: Service and Trade
Job Type: Full time
Work Shift: Day
Union Name: CH Laborers 380
Storeroom, Stockroom, Supply Chain, Warehouse, Distribution, Material Management
Healthcare supply distribution warehouse work environment that supports all areas of the hospital.
Under the general supervision of Distribution Manager and within established hospital and department policies and procedures, is based at the Cambridge Hospital campus but Employee in this position will float to the Somerville campus to cover for Vacations and Sick Leave. Employee performs various checking, receiving, and delivery duties in the handling of incoming and outgoing supplies, furniture, equipment , materials. (when floater is assigned to Somerville, Mail duties will be part of assignments) Essential job functions are focused on customer satisfaction, effective use of resources, teamwork, innovation and continuous quality improvement. Has some knowledge of computers for receiving purposes.
• Float between Cambridge campus and Somerville campus based upon vacation and sick leave as needed
• Receive, sort and store incoming materials, supplies, etc.
• Count items to verify trucker’s bill-of-lading. Signs bill noting any discrepancies as required.
• Transport items to the receiving area.
• Deliver departmental purchases as directed.
• Ensure proper custody and control of item while in transit.
• Obtain signature of authorized persons for items delivered.
• Receive daily requisitions for items to be issued from stock.
• Fill requisitions as assigned, and delivers items as necessary.
• Make emergency delivery of items to hospital departments as requested.
• Report all observed faulty equipment, defective materials, improper operation or unusual conditions to proper supervisor.
• Maintain Storeroom and Receiving area in a neat and orderly fashion.
• Use computer to match incoming materials on packing slips with items already in computer to check packing slips for any backordered items.
• Must follow and promote all hospital policies and procedures.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and work as part of a team.
• Must be able to maintains high level of confidentiality at all times.
• Must have at least basic computer skills
•Will need to be flexible when changes occur within department and perform other related duties as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career development. Furthermore, we will not tolerate the use of discriminatory slurs, or other remarks, jokes or conduct, that in the judgment of CHA, encourage or permit an offensive or hostile work environment.