CHA requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
Department: ASOST Grant
Job Type: Full Time
Job Class: Non-union
Work Shift: Days
Work Days: M-F, 9 - 5:30, occasional evening and/or weekends
Date Posted: 10/04/2021
Requisition Number: hrq-123051
The mission of Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) is to improve the health of the communities that it serves. Cambridge Health Alliance is seeking a skilled youth coordinator to join the Community Health Improvement Team, working with the Youth Initiatives Team and Sexual Reproductive Health Program. This is an opportunity to engage in afterschool and out of school time health education and community partnerships.
The Youth Coordinator will be an individual with an interest and passion for youth program planning, positive youth development, and community health. This position is for someone who wants to work directly with youth in a community setting to support the Cambridge Health Alliance's (CHA) mission to improve the health of the community bringing a commitment to racial justice and health equity.
This position will work with members of the Community Health Improvement Department (CHI) to implement and support activities that focus on community health, health education and health promotion/prevention among youth and parents. This work is led by community health assessments and includes substance use prevention, behavioral health education and promotion, sexual and reproductive health, civic engagement and leadership development. Knowledge and previous experience working in prevention strategies and positive youth development required. Prior experience working in the CHA's service area is preferred.
- Provide safe and structured programs for youth, supporting previously existing programming.
- Work collaboratively with staff to implement and design youth programming and initiatives.
- Facilitate afterschool and out of school time youth meetings and activities.
- Promote youth involvement and leadership in community-based initiatives.
- Support program and evaluation activities.
- Engage in community outreach activities, developing and sustaining community partnerships.
- Develop and support use of promotional material for social marketing and media strategies and outreach.
- Perform administrative tasks to support grant reporting and programming.
- Attend staff and project meetings.
- Demonstrated skills in youth development, including creating safe spaces and familiarity of youth development principles and models.
- At least 3 years of experience in public health-related or individualized youth services required.
- Knowledge of the principles of community health improvement and community health education with a focus on adolescent behavioral health topics.
- Understanding of health equity and racial justice principles in a public health context.
- Experience working with community partners in health education and trainings.
- Experience in group facilitation with adults and youth.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of community-based organizations, programs, city governments and services in CHA service area.
- Strong knowledge of the principles of outreach.
- Excellent time management, organizational, problem-solving and prioritizing skills. Detail-oriented and efficient.
- Competency w/ basic computer skills including Google products (docs, sheets, slides, etc.) basic design programs and social media.
- High level of self awareness, curiosity and commitment to lifelong learning.
- Ability to travel to and among the communities in the service area.
- Ability to arrange and hold virtual meetings
- Oral and written fluency in English. Second language desired, Spanish, Portuguese and/or Haitian Creole preferred.
- College degree preferred, preferably with concentration in social sciences, health and human services, or equivalent experience. Equivalent experience will also be considered.