CHA requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
Date Posted: 03/01/2024
Requisition Number: 7054
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Department: Public Health
Job Type: Temporary
Work Shift: Day
Are you starting out in healthcare or looking for a career change? If you are looking to make a difference CHA’s temporary staffing department may have a role for you. We offer flexible schedules, varied assignments, competitive pay, and health insurance. Come join an organization where your contribution is valued and continuous learning is part of your day.
The mission of the Cambridge Public Health Department (CPHD) is to improve the quality of life for all who live, learn, work, and play in the city by preventing illness and injury; encouraging healthy behaviors; and ensuring safe and healthy environments. CPHD protects and promotes the health of everyone in Cambridge through services, information, policies, and regulations.
• Performs a wide range of complex and concurrent administrative and clerical functions.
• Work collaboratively with other administrative staff directors of the department.
• Providing effective support to the operations of the Department.
• Performs general administrative duties, assist with front desk coverage.
• Greets departmental visitors to ensure accurate and timely department communication and the presentation of the department in a positive manner.
• Must speak clearly and concisely.
• Prepare departmental mailings and other correspondence.
• Transcribe data into access database.
• Must be accurate with numbers and calculations.
• Composes, types, file and maintains records of correspondence, memos, agendas and minutes of meetings, letters as assigned in accurate, neat and timely
• Efficiently schedules meetings as requested. Accurately notifies all parties as to the agreed upon date, time and location of meeting.
• Place reminder calls.
• Assist with vaccines distribution and burial permits issuing as needed.
• Work on various special projects as required by the department.
• Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
High school/GED required; Associates Degree preferred
Minimum 3-year Administrative experience in a medical office setting.
Fluency in Microsoft applications such as advanced word processing, spreadsheets, databases, flowcharts and graphics (Microsoft Office and Google apps), writing, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills required.
Polite, friendly person able to interact positively with the general public and multiple department staff.
Multi-task oriented with good organizational skills.
Ability to work on special projects as needed by the department and completing them accurately.
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career development. Furthermore, we will not tolerate the use of discriminatory slurs, or other remarks, jokes or conduct, that in the judgment of CHA, encourage or permit an offensive or hostile work environment.
Cambridge Health Alliance brings Care to the People - including your neighbors, friends and family. Our local hospitals and care centers serve our vibrant, diverse communities, and play an integral role in improving health. As passionate advocates for the underserved, we actively partner with our communities to take on challenging public health issues, and conduct important research to help reduce barriers to care. We believe that everyone deserves access to high quality, convenient health care. This is why our employees believe in where they work and why many build long, rewarding careers at CHA.
Healthcare is changing rapidly. CHA has a strategic plan that charts a proactive course for our future. It is built on a vision of equity and excellence for everyone, every time. It also recognizes that our workforce is our most valuable asset and prioritizes competitive salaries, benefits and professional development opportunities for employees. The strategic plan is changing the way we provide care and improving the health and experience of our patients; we are looking for smart, committed, compassionate people who want to be part of making our vision of better health and equity a reality.
At CHA, you can believe in where you work and go home every day knowing you made a difference. Join our team and help us bring Care to the People.