CHA requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
Administrative Coordinator II
Date Posted: 03/01/2024
Requisition Number: 6482
Location: CHA Cambridge Hospital
Work Days: Mon-Fri 7:00am-3:30pm
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Department: Psych CH Cahill 3 Adult Nursing
Job Type: Full time
Work Shift: Day
Union Name: CH Laborers 380
Cahill 3 is an adult Psychiatric locked unit. There are 16 beds available on this inpatient unit of which we see various types of psychiatric illnesses such as Schizophrenia bi-polar and affective disorders, Personality disorders, Dual diagnosis, Adjustment disorder, Psychosis, and use DBT/CBT Group Therapy. According to DMH we have a lower than average restraint rate, use sensory approach to de-escalating patients, and all staff are educated in trauma informed care which provides each patient with individualized care.
• Performs a wide range of administrative and support functions for the department, included but not limited to: utility aide, and receptionist.
• Acts as the link between the health provider, the patient, and other Alliance departments, outside service agencies and consulting providers.
• Fluency in personal computer systems in the Windows environment and a working knowledge and experience in Microsoft office applications such as advanced word processing spreadsheets, databases, flowcharts, graphics, writing, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills required.
• Greets departmental visitors to ensure accurate and timely departmental communication and the presentation of department in a positive manner to patients.
• Schedules new and follow-up appointments and coordinates schedules for departmental personnel, interns and fellows in specialty areas.
• Schedules a variety of tests as required and routes to appropriate source with the goal of promoting appropriate medical care and follow-up.
• Registers daily patient visits and performs administrative duties necessary to ensure appropriate billing and reimbursement for services. Reviews and enters daily billing via order entry.
• Performs general clerical duties in the preparation of departmental correspondence and records.
• Monitors and orders office supplies.
• Troubleshoots all office equipment failures calls for maintenance.
• Recognizes and troubleshoots patient-related problems and passes on to appropriate personnel
• Maintains medical record system allowing for each tracking of records on site as well as off site.
• Purges inactive medical records according to protocol.
• Composes, types, files and maintains records of correspondence, memos, reports, grants, agendas and minutes of meetings, letters, and policies as assigned in accurate, neat and timely manner.
• Efficiently schedules meetings as requested.
• Accurately notifies all parties as to the agreed upon date, time and location of meeting.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Education: High School/GED required. Associates Degree Preferred
3 years in an office/administrative role; healthcare experience preferred
Experience with computer applications such as advanced word processing, spreadsheets, databases, flowcharts and graphics preferred (Microsoft Office and Google apps).
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career development. Furthermore, we will not tolerate the use of discriminatory slurs, or other remarks, jokes or conduct, that in the judgment of CHA, encourage or permit an offensive or hostile work environment.
Cambridge Health Alliance brings Care to the People - including your neighbors, friends and family. Our local hospitals and care centers serve our vibrant, diverse communities, and play an integral role in improving health. As passionate advocates for the underserved, we actively partner with our communities to take on challenging public health issues, and conduct important research to help reduce barriers to care. We believe that everyone deserves access to high quality, convenient health care. This is why our employees believe in where they work and why many build long, rewarding careers at CHA.
Healthcare is changing rapidly. CHA has a strategic plan that charts a proactive course for our future. It is built on a vision of equity and excellence for everyone, every time. It also recognizes that our workforce is our most valuable asset and prioritizes competitive salaries, benefits and professional development opportunities for employees. The strategic plan is changing the way we provide care and improving the health and experience of our patients; we are looking for smart, committed, compassionate people who want to be part of making our vision of better health and equity a reality.
At CHA, you can believe in where you work and go home every day knowing you made a difference. Join our team and help us bring Care to the People.