CHA requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
Date Posted: 03/01/2024
Requisition Number: 7086
Work Days: Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm/8:30am-5pm
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Department: Central Registration
Job Type: Temporary
Work Shift: Day
Are you starting out in healthcare or looking for a career change? If you are looking to make a difference CHA’s temporary staffing department may have a role for you. We offer flexible schedules, varied assignments, competitive pay, and health insurance. Come join an organization where your contribution is valued and continuous learning is part of your day.
To greet and provide information to patients and visitors To direct visitors, sign off on deliveries and locate CHA resources. To create a welcoming environment for all people who enter, be they patients, visitors or employees. To provide a variety of clerical and secretarial duties for the Department.
•Greets and provides information to patients and visitors.
• Does not wait for someone to approach the desk, initiates contact with each person as he/she enters the lobby/reception area including CHA employees, and offers a greeting and/or assistance.
• Directs patients and visitors to proper location in CHA giving clear, easy to understand directions, calling interpreter as needed.
• Responds to telephone inquiries regarding IT/telecomm services, hospital services and directions to CHA locations in friendly, professional manner.
• Understands and appropriately utilizes all telephone features such as: transferring and hold functions.
• Insures at all times that there is someone to answer the telephone.
• Accesses patient information via the computer.
• Effectively interfaces with IT Department as needed to resolve hardware and software problems.
• Acts in a friendly and reassuring manner in all Interactions with patients and visitors.
• Appropriately signs in and out of terminal screens as required by the hospital security policy. Does not illegally gain access to unauthorized screens by usage of another person’s password.
• Handles difficult situations calmly, calling appropriate person for assistance when needed.
• Stays up-to-date with events, office locations, meeting locations, hospital programs, etc. to be able to provide accurate information.
• Keeps alert to all activity in the reception area, with special sensitivity to safety/security issues.
• Under the general supervision of the Office Manager, responsible for performing a wide range of administrative/receptionist support including greeting and escorting visitors, distribution of mail, maintenance of department files and office supplies, creation and production of reports as directed for IT and/or Communications Center, telephone communications and other office procedures that will effectively promote and support the operation of the IT department.
• Responsible for scheduling meetings for senior IT staff.
• Responsible for scheduling meeting rooms and training rooms.
• Handles miscellaneous duties when not occupied directly with patients, visitors or telephone calls.
• Keeps the front desk and main lobby area clean, tidy and stocked with proper information.
• Sorts staff mail
• Performs straightforward secretarial duties.
• Effectively participates in training new employees/volunteers.
• Promotes a professional image by adhering to the established dress code. Wears hospital identification badge at all times in a visible location.
• Demonstrates commitment to growth and development by attending department meetings and any in-service opportunities that apply to position.
• Demonstrates knowledge of network regulations in fire, safety, infection control, disaster preparedness and emergency codes according to department procedures.
• Participates in own performance appraisal by identifying goals and reviewing progress with supervisor.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
High school diploma/GED required. Must have knowledge of medical terminology.
Work Experience: 2 – 3 years medical office experience preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office & Google Apps.
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career development. Furthermore, we will not tolerate the use of discriminatory slurs, or other remarks, jokes or conduct, that in the judgment of CHA, encourage or permit an offensive or hostile work environment.
Cambridge Health Alliance brings Care to the People - including your neighbors, friends and family. Our local hospitals and care centers serve our vibrant, diverse communities, and play an integral role in improving health. As passionate advocates for the underserved, we actively partner with our communities to take on challenging public health issues, and conduct important research to help reduce barriers to care. We believe that everyone deserves access to high quality, convenient health care. This is why our employees believe in where they work and why many build long, rewarding careers at CHA.
Healthcare is changing rapidly. CHA has a strategic plan that charts a proactive course for our future. It is built on a vision of equity and excellence for everyone, every time. It also recognizes that our workforce is our most valuable asset and prioritizes competitive salaries, benefits and professional development opportunities for employees. The strategic plan is changing the way we provide care and improving the health and experience of our patients; we are looking for smart, committed, compassionate people who want to be part of making our vision of better health and equity a reality.
At CHA, you can believe in where you work and go home every day knowing you made a difference. Join our team and help us bring Care to the People.